MyPeople Health, LLC
Last Updated: July 2018
What We Collect
In order to provide you with the services, the Company will collect certain categories of personal information, including, without limitation, information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (e.g., such as your name, e-mail address, birthdate, mobile number and credit card). Your health or medical information may be collected and used by Company to enable the provision of services to you. This information may be collected at various times and from various sources, including, but not limited to, when you register to use the Site, when you subscribe to use the Company’s services, and when you request certain services from the Company. Additionally, the Company may collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and application. The Company may also automatically collect information through cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts and other tracking technologies as you navigate through the website and from your usage of any application, your computer, mobile or other device used to access the Services.
Information Automatically Collected
For example, when visiting the Site, we log your computer's operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to the Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on the Site.
We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
CaliforniaDo Not Track Disclosure. We do not track usage over time on thrid-party websites and currently do not support the Do Not Track browser setting or respond to Do Not Track signals. Do Not Track (or DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you..
We take your privacy very seriously and employ administrative, physical and technical measures to safeguard your information from identity theft and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk, to the extent permitted by law. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, used, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, or technical safeguards.
Use of Personal Information
To the extent permitted by law, we use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
Sharing of Personal Information
To the extent permitted by law, we may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to the privacy policies of such other parties.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, such as subpoenas.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us in order to provide services on your behalf.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Except as otherwise provided above, we do not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties regarding your activities online while using our website unless you give consent for us to do so, or we are otherwise permitted to do so by law.
You should be aware that when you are on the Site, you can be directed to other websites that are beyond our control, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties or the content of linked websites.
In some instances, we provide services to you on behalf of your health care provider or health plan. In those cases, we will only use and disclose your protected health information as permitted by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its implementing regulations (“HIPAA”) and our business associate agreement with your health care provider or health plan.
Information Choices and Changes
By providing us with your e-mail address, you give us permission to communicate with you by e-mail. As part of our services, we may e-mail you regarding your personal informaiton (described in “What We Collect” above) such as appotinmtent reminders and reminders to complete profile informaiton on the Site. You may contact us and requerst a different method of communication. Our marketing e-mails tell you how to "opt-out." If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing e-mails. Non-marketing e-mails include e-mails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others where such opt-out is permitted, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
MyPeople Health, LLC
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, IL 60654
We may change this Policy. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the Last Updated date above.